Frequently Asked Questions
Please browse our most FAQ’s (frequently asked questions) below to learn more about my counselling services. If you don’t find the answer to your questions, please get in touch and I will reply to you with an answer to your question.
What is counselling?
Counselling is the process of helping individuals work through personal problems. It is facilitated by a trained professional who provides a safe and confidential space for individuals to explore difficulties they are experiencing in their lives.
The counselling relationship is based on the client sharing their thoughts, feelings and experiences within a safe environment. The counsellor listens and asks questions to allow exploration of the issues, whilst providing understanding to assist clients to work through their problems.
The purpose of counselling is to help you identify and explore your thoughts, feelings, emotions, behaviors; to identify and explore your choices and the consequences of your choices; to determine appropriate and meaningful strategies based on your individual needs so that you can confidently move forward in a direction and manner that is right for you.
Can counselling help me?
A counselling service should be a reputable organization that offers assistance during times of distress for individuals, adolescents, couples and families. Difficulties are often experienced during bereavement, relationship breakdowns, family disputes, workplace dissatisfaction, divorce, separation, unemployment or for those suffering anxiety, depression or any number of events that affect our emotions and everyday lives.
When people feel lost, alone, confused, depressed and anxious, stressed, angry and frustrated or even fearful, they may benefit from speaking with a professional counselor.
When we do not know how to handle certain emotions or situations, we may feel helpless and stuck. A counsellor can be a great support when you need help managing a crisis and stressors in your life.
Why choose Anne Evans for Counselling?
Anne Evans helps clients to understand and make sense of difficult life events with the goal of making positive changes in their lives. If you feel that your life isn’t what you want it to be, counselling can help you become more aware of the choices you make, and how those choices impact your life.
Some of the benefits of working with Anne Evans include:
- Talking to a neutral person outside of your situation can provide you with a different perspective that can help you find a way forward.
- Cognitive processing of difficult thoughts and feelings.
- Sharing your worries with others can help you feel less alone with the problem.
- Professional counseling can help you gain a better understanding of yourself and develop a clearer sense of what you want and need.
- Learning to communicate clearly and honestly in counselling promotes the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in your everyday life.
- Improved relationships.
- Understanding your values and living by them can help you find fulfillment in life.
- Develop a harmonious relationship between your thoughts, actions and feelings.
- Developing tolerance to cope and process difficult emotions
How do I know if counselling has worked for me?
Counselling outcomes are different for everyone but at the end of the process you can expect;
- to feel more calm and have a clearer perspective
- to experience a deeper sense of happiness and personal strength
- you are now able to make decisions about significant life situations that you may have previously been unable to decide.
- understand what triggers your negative emotions
- taking better care of yourself can help you feel more energetic and less stressed.
- feeling strong and self-confident
- it is important to understand the importance of boundaries.
- communication skills that are more effective and better.
- a renewed sense of confidence to take charge of your life
- increased self-esteem
- happier relationships are often the result of making compromises.
- have an ability to understand and express your emotions.
- people find it easier to cope with the demands of everyday life.
- a higher level of self-awareness
- tangible, positive shifts in your emotional state
How do I make a booking?
To facilitate an easy, efficient and seamless experience, we encourage our clients to book appointments via email or phone.
You will be required to pay the first session fee upfront. However, if you are not completely satisfied with your appointment, you will receive a 100% refund.
How do I make a cancellation?
When you book an appointment, that time slot is specifically reserved for you.
Anne Evans’s work schedule permits her to see only a limited number of clients per day, so appointments that are cancelled or rescheduled with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged a fee.
- Cancellations provided with at least 48 hours notice will not incur a fee.
- Cancellations made the day before, or after a reminder text is sent will be charged 50% of the session fee.
- No-shows or cancellations on the day of a session will be charged the full session fee.
- Credit card details are retained on file for these purposes only.
- A receipt will be issued, but no notice of additional charging will be provided.
- You can call or text 1300 018 255 or email to notify of changes.
- If you cancel your service repeatedly or fail to pay the cancellation fee, we will discontinue your service.Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.
What locations do you service?
What payment options are available?
Cash, Credit Card, Bank Transfer.